- Selling Unit: 2 x 5 oz (141 g)
- IFQ Frozen Individually Vacuum Pack
- Premium Portions, each fillet has been processed by hand to remove the skin and bones, then trimmed to perfection.
PREPARATION AND COOKING
- Allow 10 minutes of cooking time per inch of thickness on thawed product; 20 minutes per inch on frozen product.
- Bake: Season Cod or dip in seasoned bread crumbs. Place in a greased baking dish and bake at 400° F.
- Sauté Dip Cod in seasoned flour. Sauté in oil, butter, or margarine over medium heat, lightly brown on both sides.
- Poach: In a large skillet boil 2-3 inches of water. Add seasoned Cod, cover with lid. Reduce heat, simmer until done.
- Simmer: For stews and chowders, add Cod pieces in the final 10 minutes of cooking. Do not over-stir.
- Deep Fry: Dip serving-size Cod pieces into the batter and/or seasoned crumbs. Deep fry at 350° F until outside is golden brown and Cod flakes easily with a fork.
- We strive to produce a fully “boneless” product. As with all fish, however, occasional bones may still be present.
- Keep frozen at 0 °F or below until ready to use
- Remove the product from all packaging and place it on a tray or plate. Loosely cover and thaw under refrigeration. Keep thawed product refrigerated and use within 2 to 3 days.