- Selling Unit: KG1 per Pack
- Packaging: Stand up pouch double sealed with Zip Lock for re-use
- Simple and Refined Sugar
- Dextrose is considered a better quality sugar to use than your standard table sugar (sucrose), whilst remaining affordable and fairly convenient to purchase. It is a monosaccharide (one sugar) which means it doesn’t need breaking down for fermentation, unlike sucrose which is a disaccharide (two sugars) which require the yeast to break it down. Dextrose doesn’t produce off-flavors and is sometimes considered to create a better-bodied beer than sucrose.
- Fermenting with Dextrose: Dextrose is 100% fermentable, but you need to slightly increase the amount of Dextrose to get the same result as Sugar, meaning for a ferment requiring 6kg of Sugar, you would use slightly more than 8 kilos of Dextrose.
- Product of the United States